Fortress of St. Elizabeth
The Fortress of St. Elizabeth, which established Kropyvnytskyi (prev. Kirovograd, Yelisavetgrad), located near the current center. Fortress founded in 1754. To this day barracks are partly preserved, where the regiment of General Mikhail Kutuzov were located at the end of the XVIII century.
The fortress was included in the list of cultural heritage of Ukraine.
In the basis of Kropyvnytskyi emblem lie contours of the fortress.